Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Stangerssite.com

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  1969XR7Vert 
#1 ·
has anyone been in contact with him lately? he rebuilt my control valve months ago and at the time was very prompt in replying to emails.

he has had my power steering pump for quite some time now and apparently has not replied to any emails from my mechanic who dealt with him over the control valve.

anyone have any info? hope he is okay-

#2 ·
He has two of my control valves and two cylinders and I can't get him to respond via email or phone call. Its' been two months now. Can someone go rattle his cage?!

#3 ·
I have written him twice about selling some components for cores and received no reply. I just figured he was not interested and could not be bothered to reply, which is a little annoying. Maybe there is something more going on based on your posts.

Regards,

Bob

#4 ·
my mechanic suggested maybe someone in the local area could check on him and make sure he is okay. it will also help determine how to proceed regarding my p/s pump. thanks-

Precision Products
24165 IH-10 West
Suite 217-282
San Antonio, Texas 78257-1159

#5 ·
If he doesn't respond right away to emails or voice mail, it is probably just because he is behind. I think he even knows it is not the best business practice, but I have never heard anyone complain about his quality. The best time to get in touch with Randy is first thing in the morning (8am CST). Once he get started, he rarely stops to answer the phone or email.

#6 ·
thanks for the suggestion Adam. but it's not that he doesn't reply "right away". he is not responding "at all" - zero, zip, zilch, nada. that is the concern-

#7 ·
I too am concerned. I sent a steering box in 3 months ago. It took two weeks just to see if he got it. then two months and he said it was ready to go back together and should go out monday and that was 3 weeks ago. left 4 phone messages and two e-mails. Just want to know if I will be able to put my car together before summer is over. Missed two week ends at the drag races and two car shows. Hard to recommend some one that does not keep you updated at all. Hope he has not had an accident or ?
mykal

#9 ·
He does this from time to time. From past experience he will eventually respond to one of your calls and make good on everything. It might be a while though...
Great way to run a business! He must have high demand or he would never survive.

#11 ·
Doing this for individual customers is his side business. His main source of income is as a wholesale rebuilder.
Interesting (but a lousy excuse!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.