Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1969 Eliminator 428 CJ Ram Air on eBay 62,000 miles

8K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  cougar2 
#1 ·
Found this Eliminator on eBay. Looks good. Good buy now price. Located in Westbrook, CT.
Blue with black interior.

#4 ·
Hi;
I just received the message below via fleabays messaging system and was wondering what you all thought of my reply? If you think I went overboard please let me know, I can take it.

To: racingagainstcancer
Subject: Other: bgasioro sent a message about Mercury : Cougar #190567403747
Sent Date: Aug-21-11 17:17:05 PDT

Dear racingagainstcancer,
Why can't you non car guys quit ruining a classics originality because you don't like the factory colors and then change it and ruin it????? If you don't like the color DON'T buy it!!!!!! Now it's only worth 10-18K because after a true classic muscle car guy gets it, he will have to disassemble it again and have it actually "restored" and that will be another 10-20K!!! A restored car is put back to factory original specs the way it came from the factory!!!!!!! '

My Reply:
Dear bgasioro,
Where the hell does it say I changed this car??????????????I bought the car they way it is and I'm ok with it. If you don't like they way it looks then don't bid on it. At least I was honest in my description. Nuff Said!!!!!!!!!

- racingagainstcancer

#6 ·
I thought you did a good job of explaining yourself without going overboard or resorting to name calling. IMO, GJ :)

#9 ·
I like the color change and it was done right by the looks of it.

Dale hit it on the head.

#11 ·
So why was he shopping in fantasy land to start with? hmmmm The old something for nothing crowd - did you show him how to find craigslist? ;>0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.