Mercury Cougar Owners banner

8 track radio repair

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  big bad blue 
#1 ·
Does onyone on the list repair 8 tracks or know of someone that does?

#3 ·
I have just dropped my '69 AM/8 Track off at a local shop for repairs. I found the repair guy at a swap meet selling used 8 tracks. It turned out that he is a Mustang guy ('68 GT and a '68 KR) and he owns a TV/Radio repair service. He got into the 8 track business as nobody is repairing radios or TV's in our "throw away" society!! He operates his business out of St. Thomas, Ontario - a bit far for you. His name is Jimmy Carter, Carter TV Service - 519-631-1337. I will let you know how I make out with the repairs.

#5 ·
What is it doing/not doing? A lot of time in older tape players the pinch rollers get hard and don't grab the tape very well. (Or just get dirty-crusty) Parts can be hard to come by. Another place to try is ham radio site - lot's of guys who restore old radio's out there can help you out.

#6 ·
Talk to some of the classic car clubs that you may have around. Sometimes there's one guy that everyone takes their radios etc. to for repairs. Usually better to deal locally and avoid multiple shipping costs (especially when something goes wrong later).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.