Mercury Cougar Owners banner

For sale in the Seattle Area

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  badcatt 
#1 · (Edited)
First this is not my car, 70 XR-7 351 4V 3 speed stick.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4059479965.html

I have 2 of the original parts missing from this car. I bought them from a previous owner. I have the console and the AM/FM from it. The radio does not work.

I have looked at this Cougar, it was a few months back. It needs a restoration. But could be a fun car with a 4 or 5 speed added to it. I feal the current owner has done a honest job of describing it. Except the mileage, I believe it is 128K not 28K.

I was hoping to keep this car as my long term project, but unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control, I have to give this one up :( this will make a GREAT project for someone who is willing to take it on.

Its a 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 Hardtop. It has:

-Rebuilt 351 Cleveland 4v with a Holley 4bbl
-Long tube Hooker headers
-3 speed manual (1 of 40 ever made with this motor, trans combo)
-3.25 rear end
-Working retractable headlight covers
-New fuel tank
-New brakes front and rear
-Leather Highback seats (drivers seat needs repair)
-Original Rimblow steering wheel
-28K original miles on the frame, less than 20 miles on the rebuilt motor
-All numbers except for the rear end match

The great thing about this car right now is it runs and drives! As you can tell from the pictures, the body will need some attention, as well as in the interior, but all of the trim and chrome pieces are there and in GREAT condition (which is hard to find in these cars!). Shoot me an email with your phone number in it and I will get back to you and set up a time to come look at it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.