1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar Hoods, Fenders, Doors, Trunk Lids, Parts [Baltimore, MD] [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: 1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar Hoods, Fenders, Doors, Trunk Lids, Parts [Baltimore, MD]

epodowski
November 14th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I have been clearing out some of the stuff in my father's garage and basement. It's a long story, but let's just say I think my father liked to take 1967 and 1968 Cougars apart and store all the parts in his basement [for the past 30 plus years]. When I was a teenager, my father and I would piece cars together. I would drive that car for awhile until I got the next car together and sell the first one. Apparently, my father continued at least part of that practice...I am still identifying all the parts, but I have the following 1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar body parts:

Hoods (2)
Driver's Front Fender (3)
Passenger's Front Fender (2)
Driver's Door (2)
Passenger's Door (2)
Rear Deck Lid (3)
Front Bumper (3)
Rear Bumper (2)
Headlight Assembly (4) [Some with actuators that may or may not work.]
Taillight Assembly (4) [One with minor crack in rib in bezel and one with a bent rib in a bezel.]

I am sure most of you are familiar with www.cougarpartscatalog.com and their rating system. I would rate most, if not all of these parts as Grade A - Used. There is the typical surface rust and maybe a little ding or two, but for 40 year plus old parts they are in remarkable shape. I will take some pictures soon, but if you have an interest in a particular body part, I can work on those first.

Shipping Challenge...
I am unsure of how to ship some of these parts, but if necessary I will find a way to crate and ship and I will only bill actual packaging, shipping and insurance costs. If anyone knows of a packing and shipping company for these type of parts in Baltimore, Maryland, I am open to your suggestions. Of course there is always local pick up.

lbesq
November 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Oh, would that you were much closer! 67 cougar in need of hood/rear deck lid/both front fenders/drivers door/pass door/bumpers both, Oh well, guess I will have to either fix them myself or wait till something closer comes up.
GOOD LUCK, I am sure that there are several folks who are closer and NEED your parts. I do not envy you your task of sorting.
Lloyd

67rynorod
November 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Cheap method of shipping:
http://www.shipgreyhound.com/scripts/quotes/gpxStep1.asp?ErrorCity=201&Error=999&DepartureState=Choose&ArrivalState=Choose&DMonth=8&Dday=13&TypeShipper=Commercial&Pieces=1

What would you take for 1 front and rear bumper? (Not including shipping costs)

epodowski
November 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
I would rate the condition of the front and rear bumpers I have as Grade B, according to West Coast Classic Cougar Parts. They have some imperfections in the chrome, i.e. scratches, but the bumpers are not dented. I would sell each bumper for $200 cash plus shipping. You mentioned Greyhound Shipping in an earlier post. You are more than welcome to pay them to pick up and ship these parts to you. I would probably wrap them in a paper wrap with shrink wrapped around them, if you and they are OK with that method of packaging. If not, we will need to talk. Please let me know if you still have an interest. Thank you for looking.

plasticpuma
January 27th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I have been clearing out some of the stuff in my father's garage and basement. It's a long story, but let's just say I think my father liked to take 1967 and 1968 Cougars apart and store all the parts in his basement [for the past 30 plus years]. When I was a teenager, my father and I would piece cars together. I would drive that car for awhile until I got the next car together and sell the first one. Apparently, my father continued at least part of that practice...I am still identifying all the parts, but I have the following 1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar body parts:

Hoods (2)
Driver's Front Fender (3)
Passenger's Front Fender (2)
Driver's Door (2)
Passenger's Door (2)
Rear Deck Lid (3)
Front Bumper (3)
Rear Bumper (2)
Headlight Assembly (4) [Some with actuators that may or may not work.]
Taillight Assembly (4) [One with minor crack in rib in bezel and one with a bent rib in a bezel.]

I am sure most of you are familiar with www.cougarpartscatalog.com (http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com) and their rating system. I would rate most, if not all of these parts as Grade A - Used. There is the typical surface rust and maybe a little ding or two, but for 40 year plus old parts they are in remarkable shape. I will take some pictures soon, but if you have an interest in a particular body part, I can work on those first.

Shipping Challenge...
I am unsure of how to ship some of these parts, but if necessary I will find a way to crate and ship and I will only bill actual packaging, shipping and insurance costs. If anyone knows of a packing and shipping company for these type of parts in Baltimore, Maryland, I am open to your suggestions. Of course there is always local pick up.
If you still have the parts can you please call us at 301 761 2340 and ask for Rick or David, we are doing a 67 cougar and are in need of a trunk, and maybe another hood and who knows what else. Thanks for your time.
Dave

plasticpuma
January 27th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Have been trying to post on here and having a hard time, If you get this please contact us at 301 671 2340 ask for Rick or Dave. We are in need of a 67 or 68 trunk, maybe a hood and other stuff. Thanks for your time.

CATMANDO
January 27th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I would like to buy all the hoods and deck lids if you still have them and are in a or b conditon , i live right here i south nj and can pick them up and may take some other parts.give me a call work out a package deal.thanks 856-364-6037 dave

axeman490
March 17th, 2014, 11:40 AM
hi,my friend plowed my drive of snow and hit my 67 cougar passenger fender..looking for one and other parts...i live 20 min from cockeysville, chris

axeman490
March 17th, 2014, 11:44 AM
could someone contact me via e-mail to poss come and purchase the parts avail.thanks chris,axeman490@aol.com,..looking for front fenders 67 cougar

CATHOUSE
March 17th, 2014, 02:06 PM
You do realize that it has been over 3 years since the original poster listed the parts for sale. You could try sending him a PM but hard to say if his contact information is still the same. If you cannot contact him and are willing to travel a little farther I have parts here. I am not very far from Hershey PA. I can also bring parts along to Spring Carlisle if you are planning to attend that show.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95