Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Looking for this part!

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  CATHOUSE 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm looking for this part from the interior! Its the part thats circled please let me know the price and if you can email me a nice close up of the part! Only really care about the Running Cougar, its must be Mint or very close to mint chrome on it!

#4 ·
If Randy does not find his let me know and I'll look for mine.

#6 ·
I did find one of these parts. But let me ask you this, are you planning to just remove the chrome running cat? If so there might be better options. John's Classic Cougars offers just the running cats in several different sizes. I also have an NOS 77-9 running cat from the roof sail panel.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

#7 ·
Randy,

Yes I do plan on removing the Cougar, I'm making a Custom Cougar Trunk Lock decal! I need a small running Cat thats facing to the West! I looked all over the place but most are the Cougars are the bigger size ones, I even look at the Pins, but most of the Cougar are running to the east!
So, I'll under stand if you dont want to give the dash part!

#8 ·
Jwager,
I have no problem if you want to take the dash piece apart. I was just trying to understand what you were doing. Especially since you only list a 67 in your signature. And if you were planning to take the piece apart I was trying to think of possible other solutions. Now knowing what you are thinking of doing the only other thing that comes to mind is the cat in the center of the 3 spoke 70-73 steering wheels. They face the direction you want. I think that they are a little smaller than the 71-3 interior piece you originally mentioned though. I'll need to pull one out of inventory to check. Or if you still want the 71-3 interior piece just let me know. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.