Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Parting Out '73 XR7

4K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  DSO84 
#1 ·
I'm parting out my '73 XR7. I've got the instrument cluster w/tach and wiring harness and the extra gauge cluster, lots of good body and trim parts, interior, and will cut on the body after enough of the other bolt on parts are sold. This is a very solid Cougar XR7. Send want list or post in this thread. DSO84

#2 ·
Is your car a hardtop or convertible? if it is a convertible I am looking for the rear interior panels(what color is interior?). Also looking for the chrome trim pieces that go on top of the doors (four pieces). Looking for a grille emblem, how are the front fenders like? Can you give me price for each of the items that I asked for.

Thanks
Roman

#4 ·
Roman,

The 72 grille emblem attaches to the middle of the grille. The 73 emblem is actually a hood molding.

N8crlsn,
The pillar emblems are the same for right and left. Inside door handle for xr7 or standard interior? (they are different)

#5 ·
I know the emblems are the same, im missing the passenger side one completely, but the drivers side one is also faded and cracked, thus ill take both if they look good. And the door handle would be for the XR7. I need the rubber handle that you would use to swing the door closed, not the metal one actually used to open the door.

#6 ·
DSO84,
What color is the interior? Dash pad and/or console lid in good shape? Just post the VIN and all the door plate data and we can answer a lot of these questions for ourselves.

#8 ·
3F93Q523 _ _ _ it's a coupe. The right front fender is very good condition with 1 small dent on top I'll take $250 for it. the left fender has damage at the door edge, will take some pics. Have 1 XR7 roof emblem with some fading will take pic also and post later today. Thanks, DSO84

#10 ·
How much for passenger side sport mirror?

#14 ·
Kuch's 72 cat said:
What shape are the seats in? and how much are you asking for them? Can you take a few pictures of the seats for me>

Thanks
Roman
Here's some pics of the seats, it's a coupe and I don't think the back seat will work in your convertible. I'll take $300 for the fronts and throw in the back if you can use it.

#22 ·
DSO84 said:
I'm parting out my '73 XR7. I've got the instrument cluster w/tach and wiring harness and the extra gauge cluster, lots of good body and trim parts, interior, and will cut on the body after enough of the other bolt on parts are sold. This is a very solid Cougar XR7. Send want list or post in this thread. DSO84
What color is the interior and is it deluxe?

#24 ·
Horstman said:
Do you still have the seat belts for this car and if so, and they are the white or "off-white" parchment color, I'd be interested in purchasing them. Pics would help if you have or can arrange?
The seat belts are ginger and are faded and have wind damage(starting to fray) and are not safe to use. The receivers would be ok to use, but they are ginger, light brown.

#26 ·
What shape is the console in? How much? Also, is the steering column tilt or non tilt? If tilt, what are you asking?

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.