Mercury Cougar Owners banner

parts needed

895 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kdsxr-72 
#1 ·
hey all i just recently inhereted my brothers '72 cougar xr7 and i just need a few items. first off besides people parting out their cougars is there any other good source for cougar parts? right now i need front and rear bumpers and the emblems mercury for the hood and xr7 for the sides. we had a tornado come through not to long ago and completely stripped everything off. luckly we found the white vinyl top for it. our top is white vinyl from mid roof forward. at least the car survived. anyways if anyone has any information to get me started in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. "cougar one of the most underestemated muscle cars"

#2 ·
Welcome rlcabe:

I've found parts for my 72 on the '71-up Parts for Sale' section of this site, and had the pleasure of dealing with some nice people.

I've also had some success on Ebay Collector Cars, although the transactions haven't always been as friendly or businesslike. In 'My Ebay' you can set up to search under '71 Cougar' and '72 Cougar' and just troll through the auctions for what you want. If you didn't know 71 and 72 Cougars are identical in many respects.

Good luck with your new Cougar. Post pics when you can.

Karl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.