Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Its gonna go!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  94.6XR7 
#1 ·
I think I'm ready to give up on the 72' because I don't have the time, mechanical expertise, patience, and money that the cat deserves. I might part it out or maybe i'll sell the whole thing if anyone is interested. :cry: I'm looking to get rid of all the parts so if your interested contact Cougar1972 Also if anyone has a Nova/Camaro/Firebird or knows someone who does please, please contact me.:D :D
:D Thanx:D

#2 ·
It figures

Why is it that all of these Cougars for sale are clear across the country? %#&%! I'm trying to convince the wife to let me get a 73 XR-7 Convt 'Q' code car, complete but missing the engine. Heck, I have a 'spare' CJ motor laying around... But Nooooo!

#5 ·
How 'bout a picture..... Is it so rough that it cannot be restored??

Don:confused:

#6 ·
I'm in Anaheim, California. And the car can be restored. The 351 CJ is in good shape, a little rust on the valve covers, The rear quarter panel is in bad shape but it would be about $250-400 to get repaired. The seats and carpet are gone but I have them outside car now. The convertible top is in good shape except for the outside covering. The Carter carb and edelbrock intake are in very good shape. Biggest problem would be cancer in the trunk.
So basically it would be a worthwhile project to someone who had more time and money than me. I will try to put some pictures up over the weekend.
-Kyle

#7 ·
I have a '72 XR7!

What kind of parts do you have to sell? I may be interested!! I'm in North Carolina. My sister lives in El Granada, California. See my car on the thread "How the heck do I get my picture in here". I have a 1968 RS/SS Camaro Convertable 396 too but, not for sale...sorry. Cougar Kitty

#8 ·
Might be interested...

... in the motor and tranny. Please let me know how much you would be asking for the setup :confused:. How many miles are on the drivetrain? I live in Stockton, Cali.

As for you Cougar Kitty :1poke:, I am soooo jealous. I would love to get my hands on a '67/'68 RS/SS. I had a chance to buy one for $2K out of Sacramento, Ca. but was outbid buy some guy with an unlimited bankroll :angryfi:! My father owns an all original (yes, numbers matching) '67 RS. Had that car longer than he's had me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.